Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Surgical Assistant is critical in performing safe and exceptional patient care, resulting in the best clinical outcomes and meeting the needs of our patients.
- Assist surgeons my maintaining an unobstructed field using retractors, sponges, suction, and irrigation.
- Perform pre and post-operative duties to facilitate patient care.
- Verify the identity of the patient and operative site as well as obtain informed consent.
- Monitor and maintain aseptic technique.
- Determine availability of necessary equipment and supplies for operative procedures.
- Obtain and inspect sterile and non-sterile surgical instruments and supplies.
- Operate sterilization devices.
- Monitor patient status intraoperatively.
- Obtain dental imaging.
- Complete patient charting.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information in accordance with HIPAA.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to work well in a team or individually.
- Good judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Passion for keeping people safe.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Strong attention to detail, vigilance, and meticulous care on the job.
- Superior listening skills with the ability to quickly comprehend instructions in emergency situations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS certification required or the ability to obtain within 1 month of hire.
- Related experience, DAANCE Certification, Licensed Dental Assistant, and Radiology certification are all a plus, but not required.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
Core Benefits & Wellness
- Medical (including Virtual Care), Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Figs Brand Scrubs provided
- Competitive pay, Bonus potential, and annual merit reviews
- 401(k) Plan w/Company Match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with HDHP health plans
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Spouse and Child Life Insurance
Time Off, Disability and Leave of Absence
- Paid Vacation (Starting at 2 weeks) and 6 Annual Paid Holidays
- Employer Sponsored Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability Plan