Ensuring a Safe, Comfortable Experience
IV sedation can offer a safe, comfortable alternative to local anesthetic while undergoing oral surgery. Many patients choose an oral surgeon specifically to receive IV sedation to reduce anxiety that is often associated with oral surgery.
Reasons for IV Sedation
- IV sedation helps to calm anxiety, nerves and ease fears patients may be experiencing
- Doctors recommend it as the most comfortable way for patients to undergo a procedure
- Patients are asleep, but still breathing on their own
- Patients will not remember the procedure, including tastes, smells, and sounds
- Patients remain able to respond to commands
- Medication wears off quickly after the procedure for quick recovery
- Minimal discomfort is achieved
If you have any questions feel free to call our office at 303.806.8600, where one of our team members will be happy to answer any questions you may have.